The faculty and staff are very friendly and do a very good job in keeping the parents informed of their children’s progress. I have three sons in the school and two nephews who are graduates. As a restaurant owner in Canton, I also know the schools commitment to community. I highly recommend St. Casimir School. —
Our daily academic subjects of Religion, Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies are enhanced with our weekly subjects of Instructional Art , Technology, Spanish, Physical Education, Music, Library, and Health in grades K to 8.
• Our Catholic faith permeates all curriculum areas and the educational process.
• All students take Religion and attend Mass each Friday.
• All classrooms and the PC lab are Internet connected.
• Technology is integrated into all grade levels using Desktop PCs, Interactive White Boards, and mobile laptop cart in grades 3-8.
• Reading and Math resource teachers and a licensed counselor are available.
• Teacher aides are employed in the early childhood program.
• 8th grade offers both Pre-Algebra and Algebra determined by the student’s skills along with enrichment programs.
• Strong Language Arts program which incorporates literature, grammar, phonics, spelling, writing, vocabulary development and directed reading lessons.
• Instrumental Music is an optional program for students in grades 4 – 8.
Homework is an important component of instruction at St. Casimir Catholic School. It provides essential reinforcement and processing time for material covered in school. It also provides parents with an opportunity to monitor their child’s learning in addition to what is seen on tests, quizzes, and projects. Finally, it promotes time management and a sense of responsibility, which are essential life skills.